Thursday, July 17, 2008

Buckshot: Pain? Try aspirin. Bored? Try Dr. Horrible.

Continuing what has been my most productive stint (at least in terms of regularity of updates if not actual content), I bring you: Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog! More info after the jump.




The brainchild of Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel/Firefly) and his brothers and written during the WGA strike, the goofy mini-movie stars Neil Patrick Harris as the villainous Dr. Horrible, who seeks to rule the world while trying desperately to work up the courage to talk to the girl of his dreams (Buffy alum Felicia Day). Fellow Whedon alum Nathan Fillion (Firefly/Serenity) plays Dr. Horrible's buffoonish archnemesis, Captain Hammer.


Acts I and II are already online, and Act III goes up on Saturday. They'll all stay up until midnight on Sunday, July 20th, after which time you'll have to catch them via iTunes. Joss has said there's a DVD in the works as well.


This will likely be my last post until at least Monday, as tomorrow I'm off to the Acura Sports Car Challenge/Honda Indy 200 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. 'Twill be a weekend of inebriated fun, wherein I expect to lose intellectual molecules in direct proportion to the rate at which I gain courage molecules (Thanks to Dr. K for the line I paraphrased there. Also, is my math terminology correct there?). Hooper can surely keep you occupied until I return. I know he's got some manner of travelogue in the works so he can regale us with tales of his recent trip to Hilton Head, SC. (He claims to have been attacked by a shark. We can't confirm that, but we can guarantee it was no boating accident.)


Oh, and 1,000,000 bonus points to the lucky reader who identifies the movie I'm ripping off in the title of this post.


-Buck

2 comments:

JMC said...

"Pain? Try prison"
- Sneakers

Are bonus points like kool-aid points? I hope so, then I can redeem them for a sweet Den of Mystery beach towel ;)

The Den of Mystery said...

We regret to inform our readers that the Official Den of Mystery beach towel has been discontinued to due to the use of toxic threads. All members who attempted to redeem their points for a beach towel will receive a Den of Mystery keychain.


Sadly, I didn't get to see the final installment of Dr. Horrible due to the fact that I didn't get home until 11pm Sunday night (which only left me a window of 1 hour anyway) and then completely forgot about it. Guess I'll have to pony up the scratch to watch it on iTunes or wait for the DVD.

-Buck